Becoming a Master Marketer - Reality Check

Friday, August 18, 2006

The first time I heard it (about eleven years ago now) I thought the guy was kidding. Since then, I’ve heard a version of it many times over – enough to realize that most of us in the relationship marketing industry need a reality check from time to time.

The conversation went something like this: “I really need to make it in this business but I don’t want to talk to anyone until I’m making some serious money.”

The first time I heard this line of reasoning, I countered with, “that’s sounds a lot like explaining to your boss that as soon as he gives you a raise, you’ll go to work!”

Over the years I’ve heard some truly amazing unrealistic expectations. A few of my favorites for your reading enjoyment:

“I need to be making a thousand a week by Christmas.” (a brand new distributor and Christmas is three months away)
“Do I have to take vitamins to be in USANA?”
“Could you build both of my legs now and then when I’m finished with school I’ll start talking to some people?”
“How long after I sponsor my two people will I go Gold?”

And my personal favorite:

“I need to make a lot of money but I don’t want to have to talk to people.”

Let’s get real. Let’s get honest about our industry. Relationship marketing can be extremely lucrative and personally rewarding. When you attend the annual USANA international convention it is obvious there are millions of dollars to be made – and seemingly average, ordinary people make up the ever-expanding Million Dollar Club. The potential is there for you…as long as you understand and are realistic about what is required between signing your name to the USANA application and being called on stage to receive your Million Dollar Club pin.

So what is it going to take to eventually wear that Million Dollar Club pin on your lapel? I want to have some fun with this…so here’s my “get real” check list:

You must be on the USANA products if you want to build a USANA business. If you can’t swallow tablets, figure out another way to take them.

If you are not on autoship, chances are slim that you’re headed for Diamond Directorship.

Your sponsor is not going to build your business for you - even if your sponsor is me.

Not every person you sponsor will stay focused or even active in the business – even the ones who tell you they’re going to leave you in their dust.

You will not build a USANA empire by working an hour and a half each week.

Being a steady preferred customer is preferable to being a distributor who doesn’t like to talk to people.

Your friends and family members might not be overjoyed with your new endeavor.

It takes more than a minimal investment of time and effort to reap maximum revenues.

Your business will grow in about the same proportion you do. I’m referring, of course, to mental rather than physical growth!

The fact is, there are tremendous rewards to be reaped in this business. It takes persistence, passion and patience. If you will apply these three principles and remember to “keep it real” the rewards will be yours.

Collette Larsen

http://www.larsenglobal.com
collette@collettelarsen.com
USANA's First and Only 8-Star Diamond Director
(800) 238-9679

4 comments:

Sandu,  8/19/2006 3:47 AM  

Yes, keeping it real it's a challenge especially in the beginning when most of your warm market it's nixing...In difficult moments, I always remember Dave Wentz' USANA associate welcome letter:"The vision of my father and USANA Founder Dr. Myron Wentz is to improve the quality of people's lives. Together, we can make a difference in the health and wealth of people everywhere." THAT'S VERY GOOD KARMA!

usana,  1/20/2009 3:19 PM  

The reality is really difference now I guess.

prefab homes 10/24/2010 10:49 AM  

Hi friend, that's a good blog of yours, hope You wont mind adding your page to favorites? Thanks, have a nice day!

Kent Escober 10/25/2010 12:54 AM  

I was very happy to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this good post Becoming a Master Marketer – Reality Check — Larsen Global! I undoubtedly enjoyed every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you write.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About This Blog

The Larsen Global USANA blog strives to support and train associates within USANA, and the network marketing industry as a whole. Larsen Global is the business name for the partnership of Collette Larsen and Zachary Ross, Ten Star Diamond Directors, and the most successful distributorship in the history of USANA.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP